Kevin has tried numerous civil cases to juries in Ohio state and federal courts as first chair. He also has mediated and arbitrated matters in hundreds of cases before state and federal panels and The American Arbitration Association and FINRA. Additionally, Kevin served as the Village Solicitor for the Village of Millville, Ohio between 1995-1996.
In addition to his extensive civil trial experience, Kevin is often called upon to make presentations on civil practice, brewery and distillery, and transportation issues to various groups including the Ohio State Bar Association, Dayton Bar Association, Ohio Judicial College and other civic organizations. Kevin has also given presentations on state and Department of Transportation trucking regulations for the National Business Institute. He frequently represents carriers, shippers, brokers and insurers on transportation issues including freight claims, contract claims, and trucking accident litigation.
A craft beer enthusiast, Kevin turned his passion for craft beer into a practice group within the firm where he now represents start-up and established breweries and distilleries. As a co-founder of the firm’s Brewery and Distillery practice group, he advises his brewery and distillery clients on issues such as business and contract formation, permitting by the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) and the Ohio Department of Liquor Control, trademark and copyright, employment practices, OSHA and workplace safety and risk management. Kevin’s extensive litigation experience is an asset to clients in the need of a seasoned litigator and trial attorney.
Kevin was named as Ohio Super Lawyer 2011-17 and Ohio Rising Star 2005-09, lists jointly prepared by Law & Politics Magazine and Cincinnati Magazine.
In addition to spending time with his wife and three children, Kevin plays an occasional game of golf.
- West Virginia University College of Law J.D., 1994 (Order of Barristers)
- Miami University B.A., Political Science, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2011-18
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2005-09
- Dayton Business Journal “40 Under 40” recipient, 2008
- Dayton Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Quarter, 2008 and 2011
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association (Chair, Insurance Law Committed, 2003-04)
- Ohio State Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Defense Research Institute
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (President, 2012; Vice President, 2010-11; Board of Trustees, 2003-11; Program Chair, 2002; Chair, Supreme Court Screening Committee)
- Ohio Craft Brewers Association (Enthusiast Member)
- Brewers Association (Allied Member)