Adam focuses his practice in the areas of small business and entrepreneurial issues, business advising, alcohol beverage law, municipal law, professional malpractice defense, business/commercial litigation, employment law, and profit recovery.
A craft beer enthusiast, Adam co-chairs the Firm’s Alcohol Beverage Law Practice Group. He currently represents start-up and established breweries and distilleries, as well as liquor permit holders, where he advises his clients on matters including business formation, regulations and permitting by the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) and the Ohio Department of Liquor Control, trademarks, employment practices, workplace safety, liquor permit acquisition and transfer, and litigation avoidance. If circumstances arise necessitating litigation, Adam has extensive litigation experience in the State and Federal Courts of Ohio.
Additionally, Adam represents and counsels individuals and businesses (small and large) on employment issues (non-compete/confidentiality agreements, trade secrets, and discrimination claims), consumer and business contractual disputes, real estate disputes (eminent domain, restrictive covenants and easements), close corporation/shareholder disputes (fiduciary duties and shareholder/corporate rights) and quasi-contractual disputes. Adam also has experience representing municipal corporations in contractual matters, appropriations, employment and discrimination claims, as well as Section 1983 claims.
A portion of Adam’s experience in professional negligence cases involves the defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, nursing homes and other medical professionals. He also counsels and advises health care professionals and entities on compliance with HIPAA, Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations and profit recovery. The remaining portion of Adam’s experience in professional negligence cases involves the defense of attorneys and law firms.
Adam was named an “Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star” every year from 2010-2019, a list jointly prepared by Law and Politics Magazine and Cincinnati Magazine.
Adam enjoys spending time with his wife, golfing, cooking and engaging the craft beer community. He volunteers his time to the University of Dayton School of Law, serving as President of the Alumni Association, a member of the School of Law’s Advisory Council and previously as an adjunct professor for a Litigation Capstone. Adam serves as a mentor through the Supreme Court of Ohio.
- University of Dayton School of Law J.D., 2005
- (Law Review, Staff Writer, 2003-04; Notes and Comments, Executive Editor, 2004-05)
- Miami University B.A., Speech Communications/Public Relations, 2002
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Forty Under 40, Dayton Business Journal, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010-19
- President’s Award, University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Association, 2010
- Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation 2013
- Dayton Bar Association (Civil Trial Practice & ADR Committee, Vice Chair, 2010-11: Chair, 2011-13) and (Bar Examination & Qualifications Committee)
- Dayton Bar Association Foundation (Board of Trustees)
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court (2006-15)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees (Trustee, 2007-15, President, 2016-Present)
- University of Dayton School of Law Advisory Council
- Muse Machine (Board of Trustees, 2011-19)
- Reach Out Montgomery County (Board of Trustees, 2011-13)
- Ohio Craft Brewers Association (Enthusiast Member)
- Brewers Association (Allied Member)
- Craft Beer Attorney Coalition (Member)